Medical-Fitness Technician Certification Course
Prerequisite: To enroll in this course, you must be a certified OptiHealth Coach.
The Sports Medicine Technician (Med-Tech, for short) Assistant Certification Course is managed by the American Association of Sports Medicine Technicians (AASMT). The study materials and the written portion of the exam are provided online. The hands-on labs and the practical portion of the exam are conducted at a local Med-Fit Clinic. All certification requirements are included for the one-time fee of only $79.
The Sports Med-Tech Assistant Certification Course involves:
- Introduction to Sports Medicine
- Exercise is Powerful Medicine
- Medical-Fitness Testing
- Therapeutic Fitness Training
The course assignments involve about 20 hours over about 2 weeks, but you can progress through the course at your own pace. The online course and hands-on labs cover everything you need to know to pass the Certification Exam.
As a certified Sports Med-Tech Assistant, you'll be able to:
- Work with certified Sports Medicine Technicians
- Work at a gym that has a certified Med-Fit Clinic
- Conduct Medical-Fitness Testing
- Issue Exercise Rx's
- Assist with Therapeutic Fitness Training
- Help the sedentary 80% of the population to start exercising
- Enroll in the Sports Medicine Technician Certification course at 50% off